UPDATE: New Software Fixes Bugs on Samsung i500
The NEWEST software version (Android 2.3.5) for the Samsung i500 Showcase is NOW available. We released a 2.3.4 version about 3 weeks ago, but now we have a 2.3.5 version available. The easiest way to perform the update is to install the Kies Mini.exe file and it will walk you through it.
What does this improve?
- Includes a security upgrade
- Improves laggyness while downloading applications
- Hotspot improvements
- Improves incoming calls/missed call alerts – If you are using data and get off, there was a 20 sec. delay where if you received a call you may not get an alert. Also, if this happened, you occasionally wouldn’t get a missed call alert.
- Overall functionality and screen lag
- Greatly improves the email client from 2.2.2 to 2.3 5 (Froyo to Gingerbread)
- Download Kies Mini for Upgrade:
This Upgrade Is Only Valid For The Generic CDMA SCH-I500 Showcase. It Is Incompatible With All Other Models.
Desktop/Laptop Computer Running Either Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, or XP
All Firewall & Anti-Virus Programs Should Be Disabled
Administrative Privileges Required To Download & Install Software Including Drivers
An Available USB Port On The PC That Supports USB 2.0
Important: Fully charge the battery before updating your phone
USB Data Cable (Included In Retail Box)
Available USB Port.
o Direct connection of the USB cable to the computer’s USB port is strongly advised. The use of a USB hub or docking station is NOT recommended.
Important: Any Previous Samsung Software or Samsung Drivers Should Be Removed, Then Restart Your Computer.
Download Kies Mini for Upgrade: