Android Mobile Security
I know that I’ve done a post before on Lookout, but I feel like another one is needed not just for Lookout but for other Apps that they offer. Lookout in my opinion is the best mobile security you can get for your device. The best part is it’s free. You can purchase a premium version for $14.99 with added capabilities. As far as simple Lookout has it.
Protect your phone with award-winning security & antivirus from Lookout
Protect against loss, hackers, and theft – WITHOUT DRAINING YOUR BATTERY with Lookout’s free antivirus, find my phone, and backup features.
With Lookout *Everything is ok!* – See why 15+ million users trust Lookout Security & Antivirus to protect their phones and tablets.
PCMag ‘Editors’ Choice’, CNET ‘Must-have app!’, PCWorld ‘5 out of 5 Stars!’, TechCrunch ‘Top 10 Best Free Apps’
Note: If you’re on Android (Froyo) 2.2+ and have trouble uninstalling, go to Settings -> Location & Security -> Select Device Administrators and uncheck Lookout. Contact us at support [at] mylookout.com if you have questions.
* Antivirus: Block malware, spyware, and trojans
* Scan each app you download to make sure it is safe
* Schedule daily or weekly antivirus scans. Get automatic, over-the-air, protection against the latest threats
* File System Monitoring: Scans new files on your SD card to protect against malware
Find My Phone:
* Locate your lost or stolen phone on a Google map
* Activate a loud alarm, even if your phone or tablet is on silent
* Log into mylookout.com to locate your phone from any web browser, anywhere!
Backup & Restore:
* Securely backup your contacts to mylookout.com
* Restore them to an existing mobile device
Get a free trial of Lookout Premium (optional). When your trial ends, automatically return to the free version. No credit card is required for the free trial!
* Safe Browsing: Block phishing and malware sites from links in text messages, on the web, and more.
* Remote Lock & Wipe: Securely lock your phone if it’s lost or stolen to prevent others from accessing your phone and remotely delete sensitive data on your phone if needed.
* Privacy Advisor: Identify which apps can access your sensitive data like contacts, location, SMS text messages & identity info.
* Advanced Backup: Backup and restore photos and call history in addition to contacts. Restore them to a new device.
Learn about the latest security threats at http://blog.mylookout.com, including: GGTracker, DroidDream, Zsone, Geinimi, Tapsnake, SMS Trojan, and more.
Learn more about our permissions at https://www.mylookout.com/permissions/ and stay up to date with us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/mylookout and Twitter athttp://twitter.com/lookout.
Now supports all Android tablets!
Another thing that is annoying are those dumb ads that pop up on the top of the device. *Meet singles in your area* I don’t want to meet singles in my area. And I definitely don’t want those pesky ads. Luckily Lookout makes an Ad Detector. This app will scan your device and tell you what apps are accessing your device and displaying those annoying ads.
Ad Network Detector scans your phone or tablet for the presence of the most common ad networks used in mobile apps, giving you insight into what types of ads can be displayed, and what information is gathered by the ad networks. With easy access to this information, you’ll be able to decide whether you want to keep the app that has certain ad networks on your phone.
Smartphone usage has skyrocketed, and some advertisers have begun to experiment with aggressive, new techniques to display ads on mobile devices. This includes pushing ads to the standard Android notification bar, dropping generically designed icons on the mobile desktop, and modifying browser settings like bookmarks or the default homepage. Because each of these techniques can display an advertisement outside the context of a specific application, it’s very difficult for users to know exactly which app is responsible for any given ad. Ad Network Detector provides a method for users to determine which ad network and application are the source for such ads.
It’s also common for ad networks to collect information that identifies a specific device or user for use in targeted marketing campaigns. Much like for browser-based ads, this practice allows users to see more personalized or relevant ads. Despite permissions-based information access, it is often difficult for the users to understand what aspects of their information are collected by ad networks. Lookout Labs has investigated the capabilities and information collection methods specific to each ad network. Ad Network Detector tells users exactly what data is being collected, and by whom.
We’ve designed Ad Network Detector to make the practices supporting mobile advertising more transparent to the average user. The app detects many but not all ad networks, and we fully intend to increase the number of detected ad networks to keep mobile users as informed as possible.
Lookout has a few other mobile security Apps on Google Play. See all Lookout Labs Apps on Google Play