JELLY BEAN SOFTWARE UPDATE: Samsung Galaxy SII
It’s here. Update your Samsung Galaxy SII from Android 2.3 to Android 4.1.
How to update:
You’ll need a USB cable and a computer to do the update. Software needs to be downloaded onto a computer. Depending on your connection, the update may take anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes on a standard DSL/Cable internet connection.
DOWNLOAD PC/MAC SOFTWARE HERE DO NOT DOWNLOAD ON PHONE, THIS WILL NOT WORK. NEED COMPUTER.
NOTE: Software is over 500 MB (half a gig) could take a while to download depending on your internet connection. If the computer will not recognize your Galaxy S2, try plugging into a USB port in the back of your PC. If that doesn’t work, download drivers from Samsung.
What’s different? A lot.
- New lock screen actions
- Improved text input and spell-checking
- Control over network data
- Email app supports EAS v14
- WI-FI direct
- BlueTooth Health Device Profile
- UI use Hardware acceleration
- Better voice recognition (dictating/Voice typing)
- Web browser, allows up to 16 tabs
- Updated launcher (customizable)
- Social stream API in Contacts provider to show updates associated to your contacts
- Video stabilization and QVGA video resolution API access
- Accessibility API refinements for screen readers
- Calendar provider updates
- stability improvements
- better camera performance
- smoother screen rotation
- Google Now ( http://youtu.be/pPqliPzHYyc )
- Voice Search
- Speed enhancements
- Camera app improvements
- Accessibility: gesture mode, enable braille external keyboards.
Posted on March 11, 2013, in 4.1, Galaxy S II and tagged android jelly bean, galaxy s2 jelly bean, google now, ivc jelly bean, jelly bean, samsung galaxy s2 4.1 software. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.