Author Archives: Jon Robison
Here are directions on how to connect your Samsung Galaxy SII to a Windows XP computer.
1. Go to Menu>Settings>Wireless and Network
2. Next go to USB Utilities
3. Next Select Connect Storage to PC
4. Follow the instructions on the Screen
5. After inserting the USB Cable into the phone select Connect USB Storage
6. Press Ok on the screen
7. The Android symbol will turn Orange and you are connected. When you have transferred your files and you are ready to quit, at the bottom of the screen with the Orange Android Icon select Disconnect USB Storage and you’re done!
Probably the best app I have used to date. Not only can you put this on your device but on your computers as well!
Evernote turns your device into an extension of your brain.
★ New York Times ‘Top 10 Must-Have App’, Winner: TechCrunch Crunchies, Mashable Awards and the Webbys. ★
Evernote is an easy-to-use, free app that helps you remember everything across all of the devices you use. Stay organized, save your ideas and improve productivity. Evernote lets you take notes, capture photos, create to-do lists, record voice reminders–and makes these notes completely searchable, whether you are at home, at work, or on the go.
– Sync all of your notes across the computers and devices you use
– Create and edit text notes, to-dos and task lists
– Save, sync and share files
– Search for text inside images
– Organize notes by notebooks and tags
– Email notes and save tweets to your Evernote account
– Connect Evernote to other apps and products you use
– Share notes with friends and colleagues via Facebook and Twitter
★ Premium feature: take notebooks offline to access them anytime
★ Premium feature: allow others to edit your notebooks
★ Premium feature: add a PIN lock to your Evernote app
Here are some ways to use Evernote for your personal and professional life:
– Research smarter: snap photos of whiteboards and books
– Take meeting and class notes, draft agendas and research notes
– Plan a trip: keep track of travel plans, plane tickets and passports
– Organize and save recipes; search by ingredients later
– Create a grocery list or task list and check things off as you go
– View web pages saved in Evernote on your desktop
– Capture ideas and inspiration on the go
– Access files and notes you create on your phone from your desktop
– Keep track of products and prices for comparison shopping purposes
– Keep finances in order: save receipts, bills and contracts
– Reduce paper clutter by taking snapshots of restaurant menus, business cards and labels
– Use Evernote as part of your GTD system to help you stay organized
– To get the most out of your Evernote experience, download it on all of the computers and phones that you use.
Evernote is available for:
Desktop: Mac, Windows and Web
Mobile: Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, Palm WebOS, Windows Mobile
Tablet: Android, iPad
Web: Evernote for Web; Web Clippers for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer
More information about permissions at:
Learn more: http://www.evernote.com/about/getting_started/
Sony-Ericsson LiveKey – com.sonyericsson.extras.livekey
Sony-Ericsson LiveDock – com.sonyericsson.extras.ATTACHED
I don’t like to get apps because everyone else says they’re awesome. But Temple Run is an exception. I downloaded it and started playing it over the weekend. It is so addicting. Jumping over breaks in the bridge, running along rock faces, and sliding under fire. Sounds fun doesn’t it? Below is the full description. Note that this app is not compatible with all Android devices.
Run for your life!
The addictive mega-hit Temple Run is now out for Android! All your friends are playing it – can you beat their high scores?!
You’ve stolen the cursed idol from the temple, and now you have to run for your life to escape the Evil Demon Monkeys nipping at your heels. Test your reflexes as you race down ancient temple walls and along sheer cliffs. Swipe to turn, jump and slide to avoid obstacles, collect coins and buy power ups, unlock new characters, and see how far you can run!
“In every treasure hunting adventure movie there’s one scene in which the plucky hero finally gets his hands on the treasure but then has to navigate a maze of booby traps in order to get out alive. Temple Run is this scene and nothing else. And it’s amazing.” – SlideToPlay.com
Cut the Rope, catch a star, and feed Om Nom candy in this award-winning game!
A mysterious package has arrived, and the little monster inside has only one request… CANDY! Cut the ropes, release candy into Om Nom’s mouth, collect shiny gold stars, and unlock new levels.
Join millions of others who have enjoyed the outstanding physics, tricky levels, and colorful visuals of ZeptoLab’s critically acclaimed Cut the Rope.
– Innovative gameplay mechanics
– Realistic physics
– Cute character
– Outstanding graphics
A while back I did a blog about putting a Launcher on the Android phone. It is a great and fun thing however there is a caution to doing so. When the launcher is put on the phone it over layers the stock launcher making it harder to take off. The only way to get a launcher off the phone is to do a Factory Data Reset. The worst part about doing a Factory Data Reset is re installing apps. See my other blog post on Astro File Manager on backing up apps and re installing them faster. If a launcher is going to be put on the Android Phone use caution.
Access over 40,000 user submitted recipes from the #1 recipe website!
A fun and easy way to find awesome recipes! Search by ingredient or give your phone a shake to find inspiration. Then relax and feel the cooking stress melt away. You’ll be making recipes from the #1 food site, all tested and reviewed by home cooks like you.
Dinner Spinner was already one of Time magazine’s 50 Best Apps of 2012, and now it’s even better.
NEW! Dinner Spinner is also a SCANNER! Now you can:
1) Scan ingredients and add them permanently to the spinner. A tasty new recipe for your favorite ingredient will always be seconds away.
2) Scan any ingredient to find a recipe that uses it. You’ll turn that forgotten can of crushed tomatoes into an amazing dinner.
3) Scan ingredients and add them to your NEW mobile shopping list. You’ll sail through the store.
Your Dinner Spinner shopping list links to your main Allrecipes.com shopping list. Add ingredients from recipes on the site, scan items you’re getting low on, or just type in the stuff you need. When you get to the store, your whole list will be waiting for you on Dinner Spinner. You’ll never forget an ingredient again. (For multiple shopping lists, more search options, and other helpful tools requested by home cooks, check out the $2.99 Dinner Spinner Pro.)
Install Dinner Spinner FREE and you’ll also get the features that 11 million Dinner Spinner users already love:
· Search by dish, cooking time, and ingredient
· Find recipes that match your gluten-free, vegetarian, or other diet
· Shake your phone for surprise recipe ideas
· Share recipes on Facebook, Twitter, or by email
BlackBerry 7.0 users please update to the BlackBerry 7.1 bundle 1149. (READ: how to update BB)
It will fix issues with BlackBerries including the power/bricking issue.
The new software also adds CMAS capabilities for instances such as Presidential and Amber alerts. Before updating please make sure you have the BlackBerry Desktop Software. Once that is installed please select your BlackBerry device and download the 7.1 Bundle 1149 for Illinois Valley Cellular Devices.
Thanks! Enjoy the new BlackBerry 7.1 Software!
(READ: What is BlackBerry 7 software?)
This by far is one of my favorite apps. My favorite feature on this is the Backup function. It will literally back up your apps. If you have a SD card and ever have to do a factory data reset you can download this app and restore all of your apps. Unless I have a Motorola phone I always download a File Manager like this. This By Far is the best.
ASTRO helps organize & view your pictures, music, video, document & other files.
ASTRO File Manager has 27 million downloads on the Android Market and 225,000 reviews!
It’s like Windows Explorer or Mac’s Finder for your phone or tablet and allows you to easily browse and organize all of your pictures, music, videos and documents. It also gives you the ability to stop processes that burn battery life and backup your apps in case you lose or change phones.
Personalize the look of ASTRO by downloading different colored icon sets using our “theme” feature!
It’s picture view works better than standard galleries and ASTRO is in dozens of Top Ten Android App lists and has been recommended in books. DOWNLOAD NOW.
Features include: file management, android file browser, file and/or app backup, image and text viewers, networking, Bluetooth, SFTP, Zip/ Tar, downloader, thumbnails, search files, application manager, task manager, attachments and more…
Please visit our new support portal for a Quick Start Guide, FAQ’s and Documentation.http://support.metago.net.
*** We’ve added Themes to ASTRO ***
Download Android’s most popular file manager and choose from many icon sets and colors including v2’s “Classic” ASTRO look and feel.
– Fixed the Force Close happening on upgrade from 2.5 to 3.0
– Fixed App Backup issues
– Honeycomb support
– New UI and icon set (more options for colors and icon set in next releases)
– Drag and Drop files
– Analytics: ASTRO users, we are gathering non-personal analytics (such as what functions are used the most) in order to better understand user behavior. We will use this so we can focus our development efforts in areas that our customers use often rather than functions that are not. If you do not want analytics, in the Pro Version you can turn analytics off.
– A few more bug fixes and stability fixes
If you have the BlackBerry Bold 9930 or Torch 9850, is is extremely important to update to 7.1 software. (Read this post to learn how to update using BlackBerry Desktop Software.)
There is a BlackBerry power bug in the 7.0 software on the newest Torch 9850 and Bold 9930 that you will see when your device drops below 10% of battery, then charged overnight, the device will die and not turn on again. This is sad… however, RIM has assured us… there is a fix (to prevent this from happening to your phone.)
Please update to the 7.1 software. Please make sure you have downloaded BlackBerry Desktop software and back up the device before updating it.
To read more about this BlackBerry Bug click here