Category Archives: 2.2
If you keep getting the dreaded “low memory” notification on your Android, there are things you can do to manage your memory better… and get rid of that notification!
Clear Caches/Data Files
Go to Settings –> Applications –> Manage Applications.
Clear Cache and also Data on your applications.
TIP: Clearing your browser cache can sometime free up to 5mb.
A great UI that makes it easy to
1) move apps from phone to SD Card
2) move apps from SD Card to phone, and
3) uninstall apps
Quick App Manager
($1.08) – Automates cache/data cleanup.
4 in 1 quick application manager for your android device
Quick App Clean Cache becomes Quick App Manager, a 4 in 1 complete and powerfull application manager :
– Cache cleaner
– History cleaner
– Task killer
– App 2 SD manager (for Android 2.2 or higher)
App Cache Cleaner
Free, but limited. App Cache Cleaner,a quick tool for clearing application cached files. One Tap to clean all cached files for getting more avalable space. This tool can free a lot of storage memory for your phone. Free phone internal momeory, Get more internal rom storage. It is an app which is crucial to anyone who has memory management issues. If you running out of application storage, you now can get more available storage space by clearing apps created cache/data files.
If you’re new to Android smartphones, Alex will walk you through the basics of all Android devices.
In this video, he will show you how to:
- Use the buttons and screens
- make a call
- text message
- browse the internet
- finding apps & shortcuts
So, have you upgraded your Android device? If you hear people in the “Android community” referencing dessert foods… It may be the latest software update to your smartphone. Love donuts? 2.1 was known as “eclair.” How about frozen yogurt? 2.2 is “froyo.” And “gingerbread” is 2.3.
So, what’s the difference in software version? We compiled this list with help from differencebetween.net.
Android 2.2 software improves upon 2.1 by:
- increasing speed and performance
- adding USB tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot
- app installation to the memory card*
- Flash 10.1 support
- improved support for Microsoft Exchange over 2.1
- modified and added APIs
*depending on application
Android 2.3 software improves upon 2.2 by:
- system-wide copy/paste support
- support to sensors
- natively supports multiple cameras
- adds multiple sound effects
- improvements to the file system
From the Android Authority:
Top 5 Things to look forward to with Android 2.3 Gingerbread:
- The new on-screen keyboard: Many of us have strayed away from the default Android keyboard for varying reasons but many users keep it not wanting a 3rd party option. Now users will be presented with a more refined keyboard with faster input, intuitive typing, and a better cut/paste interface.
- Streamlined user interface: The overall Android UI has been refined with a more appealing color scheme and the entire platform has been improved across the board.
- Application and power management: Android 2.3 will offer the user a superior understanding of what is running in the background and potentially draining their battery so that they can decide which applications to run.
- Internet calling: VOIP is undoubtedly the future for those with good or unlimited mobile data plans, and many VOIP carriers are a better option for the average user. Android 2.3 has VOIP integrated directly into the OS.
- Download management: You will now finally be able to view and manage all of your downloads in a single place, which is a must-have for power users.
The android software updates are not compatible with all devices, to check your Illinois Valley Cellular device for updates, click here.