Category Archives: Galaxy S II
It’s here. Update your Samsung Galaxy SII from Android 2.3 to Android 4.1.
How to update:
You’ll need a USB cable and a computer to do the update. Software needs to be downloaded onto a computer. Depending on your connection, the update may take anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes on a standard DSL/Cable internet connection.
DOWNLOAD PC/MAC SOFTWARE HERE DO NOT DOWNLOAD ON PHONE, THIS WILL NOT WORK. NEED COMPUTER.
NOTE: Software is over 500 MB (half a gig) could take a while to download depending on your internet connection. If the computer will not recognize your Galaxy S2, try plugging into a USB port in the back of your PC. If that doesn’t work, download drivers from Samsung.
What’s different? A lot.
- New lock screen actions
- Improved text input and spell-checking
- Control over network data
- Email app supports EAS v14
- WI-FI direct
- BlueTooth Health Device Profile
- UI use Hardware acceleration
- Better voice recognition (dictating/Voice typing)
- Web browser, allows up to 16 tabs
- Updated launcher (customizable)
- Social stream API in Contacts provider to show updates associated to your contacts
- Video stabilization and QVGA video resolution API access
- Accessibility API refinements for screen readers
- Calendar provider updates
- stability improvements
- better camera performance
- smoother screen rotation
- Google Now ( http://youtu.be/pPqliPzHYyc )
- Voice Search
- Speed enhancements
- Camera app improvements
- Accessibility: gesture mode, enable braille external keyboards.
Here are directions on how to connect your Samsung Galaxy SII to a Windows XP computer.
1. Go to Menu>Settings>Wireless and Network
2. Next go to USB Utilities
3. Next Select Connect Storage to PC
4. Follow the instructions on the Screen
5. After inserting the USB Cable into the phone select Connect USB Storage
6. Press Ok on the screen
7. The Android symbol will turn Orange and you are connected. When you have transferred your files and you are ready to quit, at the bottom of the screen with the Orange Android Icon select Disconnect USB Storage and you’re done!
No matter how fast your world moves, the Samsung Galaxy S™ II keeps up with it. Get blazing quick downloads, browse shopping sites at warp speed, download movies and listen to music, all while playing a game on a brilliant 4.5” Super AMOLED™ Plus display with an extraordinarily powerful dual-core processor. With the fully loaded, ultra-thin lightweight design of the Samsung Galaxy S II you’ll stand out in any crowd.
AVAILABLE COLORS: BLACK / WHITE
Get More Details at IVCELLULAR.COM
Take advantage of Sizzling Summer deals… Get the kids back in school with new phones… Or, hey… treat yourself!
Try the Samsung Galaxy S II with blazing quick downloads, browse shopping sites at warp speed, download movies and listen to music, all while playing a game on a brilliant 4.3” Super AMOLED™ Plus display with an extraordinarily powerful dual-core processor, in stunning white or black.
Or, the Ice Cream Sandwich powered HTC One V packs an impressive list of features including a best-in-class camera that captures every moment (even in low light) with crisp, vivid, beautiful photos. Plus, with Beats Audio™ you hear authentic, deep sound with true, finely-tuned details.
And, the LG Optimus Plus, running Android 2.3 Gingerbread, with a 3.5” capacitive touch screen and up to 7 customizable home screens, your favorite games, info, and friends are always readily accessible.