Visit your favorite Major League Baseball ballparks and the new MLB.com At The Ballpark will be your favorite mobile companion. This official MLB ballpark application perfectly complements and personalizes your trip with mobile check-in, social media, offers, rewards and exclusive content. Select MLB ballparks also offer a mobile food ordering component.
Among the features available for MLB.com At The Ballpark are:
• Check-in for ballpark offers and rewards
• Interactive concourse maps and directory
• Social media integration
• Customized to feature a designated favorite MLB ballpark
• Team schedule, ticket information and sales and promotional event listings
• Access to food and beverage ordering available at select parks*
• Directions and parking information
• My Profile: A personalized check-in history that includes games attended, MLB ballparks visited, and team W-L records. Use your MLB.com account to access and transfer your check-in history from MLB.com At Bat 11 to At The Ballpark.
Foursquare is a location-based social networking service, mostly used on smartphones. The idea is that people “check-in” to venues they’re at — restaurants, bars, stores, etc. — which lets users keep track of where their friends are hanging out. There’s also a game involved, where users earn points for their activity and unlock “badges.” And if you check-in the most to a venue, you become the “mayor.” The company has signed numerous partnerships with big brands to promote the service, and is working on business development projects with local merchants.
Illinois Valley Cellular has joined the Foursquare phenomenon. We will soon be offering deals through check-ins at all 11 of our Wireless Solutions Centers. Below are some screen shots of what Foursquare is like. Check out Foursquare for yourself and make a game of it. Have fun with your friends and have fun with us!