Scientists. These folks keep trying to make the world a better place… even for the jolly old elf.
The team at General Electric have taken a scene right out of Arthur Christmas… You know, where Santa’s oldest son makes a space ship for the elf team to deliver presents… What? You haven’t seen that movie? Ok. I won’t spoil it.
This new sleigh from GE is high tech (the picture below links to a 360 degree view of the sleigh.) Illinois Valley Cellular has sent the folks at General Electric a Motorola RAZR MAXX (with car dock) to equip Santa with Google Maps, Nationwide Coverage, and Smart Actions (for amazing battery life during his trip.) You can pick up a RAZR MAXX too for just $ 149.99 with Premium Choice Unlimited Rates.
New features of the sleigh include:
- A thin cooling solution that can improve jet engine aerodynamics and outfit Santa with a cooler, thinner laptop.
- Air Traffic Management Technology to help Santa and the reindeer steer clear of the planes en route on Christmas Eve.
- An Electric Traction Motor with MEMS switching technology to quickly and efficiently transfer power of Santa’s sleigh over to the electric motor to give the reindeer a break.
- 3-D printed sleigh blades for a more aerodynamic design to improve energy efficiency paired with a tough, flexible fabric to give Santa greater lift and maneuverability.
- An upgraded sleigh frame made from GE’s high temperature Ceramic Matrix Composites (CMCs) that will save energy and time by enabling flight into outer space and back.
- GE’s Durathon battery for reliably powering the accouterments in Santa’s sleigh. The battery can function under extreme temperature conditions. – GENERAL ELECTRIC