The NEWEST software version (Android 2.3.5) for the Samsung i500 Showcase is NOW available. We released a 2.3.4 version about 3 weeks ago, but now we have a 2.3.5 version available. The easiest way to perform the update is to install the Kies Mini.exe file and it will walk you through it.
What does this improve?
- Includes a security upgrade
- Improves laggyness while downloading applications
- Hotspot improvements
- Improves incoming calls/missed call alerts – If you are using data and get off, there was a 20 sec. delay where if you received a call you may not get an alert. Also, if this happened, you occasionally wouldn’t get a missed call alert.
- Overall functionality and screen lag
- Greatly improves the email client from 2.2.2 to 2.3 5 (Froyo to Gingerbread)
- Download Kies Mini for Upgrade:
HTC, Motorola and Samsung all have different Android “user interfaces.”
They have each added a “layer” or “user interface” that gives users of their Android phones a different experience.
Here, Alex walks through the HTC Merge, the Motorola Milestone X and the Samsung Showcase i500… each running Android 2.3 gingerbread.
Samsung has released a software update for the SCH-I500 Showcase which is recommended to be installed. This software will update your Samsung SCH-I500 Showcase to Android 2.3.4 software Version SCH-I500.EH09. For a complete list of modifications included in this update please refer to the Release Notes section at the bottom of this document.